2nd annual UWL Career Services Summer Employer Meeting
UW-La Crosse Career Services is hosting an opportunity for regional employers to get together to discuss recruiting trends and best practices for attracting university students, along with time to connect your company to UWL campus partners and faculty.
New this year is a short Employer Fair, where you can showcase your company, opportunities you offer, what majors you look for, and how UWL stakeholders can work with you. This meeting is open to any regional employer and is FREE.
Register by Aug. 15 through Handshake, our jobs, internships, and events website
Questions? Contact Stacy Narcotta-Welp, email@example.com, 608.785.6949?
Agenda Overview (Participate as your schedule allows)
12-12:45 p.m. Employer Fair for UWL Staff and Faculty (Lunch Provided)
1-1:30 p.m. Welcome/Introductions/UWL Updates
1:30-3 p.m. 15 Minute Flash Presentation Round-Robin/Pick 6 Topics that Interest You!
- What's New at UWL (Pre-Health Student Resource Center, academic programs/majors/minors) – Chris Stindt, Pre-Health Academic Advisor, UWL Academic Advising Center
- Chileda On-Boarding System – Toby Wendtland, Recruiter & Scheduler, Chileda
- Handshake How-Tos – Karolyn Bald, Assistant Director, UWL Academic Advising Center & Career Services; Jessica Subach, Human Resources Manager, Courtesy Corporation/McDonald’s
- What Liberal Arts Students Can Do For You - Marie Moeller, Interim Associate Dean, UWL College of Liberal Studies
- Part-time Employment – UWL Financial Aid Office
- Student Research & Community Based projects – Scott Cooper, Professor, UWL Biology; Mary Hamman, Associate Professor, UWL Economics
- Volunteerism & Nonprofits/Work Study Eligibility – Jara Richter, Assistant Director, UWL University Centers; UWL Financial Aid Office
- Engaging Your Alumni Employees – Janie Morgan, Executive Director, UWL Alumni Association
- Recruiting new college grads/what students are looking for – Gwen Achenreiner, Department Chair, UWL Marketing
- Career Readiness Competencies – Aiyana Dettmann, Advisor, UWL Career Services
- Best practices for recruiting diverse populations – Angela Birrittella, Retention Coordinator, UWL Office of Multicultural Student Services
3:15-3:45 p.m. Employer Hot Topic Table Discussions
3:45-4 p.m. Wrap Up