Manager, Projects & Continuous Improvement
Manager. Project Management. Continuous Improvement. Sustainable Change. Innovative. Creative Thinking. These are just a few words that describe the Manager, Projects & Continuous Improvement opportunity currently available at Altra Federal Credit Union.
Altra’s Manager, Projects & Continuous Improvement position plays an important role in helping foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of efficient processes and enterprise projects. Tracking projects and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure project milestones and completion deadlines are met will also be an important component in this position.
As a Manager, Projects & Continuous Improvement, you will demonstrate and direct hands-on work experience of continuous improvement programs and lean solutions, including all aspects of process development and execution. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise Project Managers and Business Process Analysts; assist in personnel events from hiring to termination.
- Foster and maintain a team atmosphere
- Coordinate, schedule, and assign projects to Project Managers.
- Assist VP, PMO & Business Innovation in the prioritization of projects to meet corporate strategic goals.
- Manage a robust process for selecting, scoping, and completing Lean initiatives
- Support and encourage innovation within Altra
- Provide continuous coaching and guidance to staff
- Work with the VP, PMO & Business Innovation with any additional duties as assigned.
Experience managing with both waterfall and agile projects teams is preferred. Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Project, and SharePoint are required. The qualified individuals are required to have strong familiarity with project management software and lean management tools, as well as strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into efficient business processes that meet desired goals.
Altra is proud to be a Great Place to Work® certified company three years in a row; 96% of our employees say Altra is a great place to work! At Altra, we invest in each other and work together to make a difference in the communities we serve and to help people live their best life!
We support diversity in the workplace and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Come join our team, it’s where YOU belong!