Our stores are really busy — we’re changing lives every day — and we are looking for a Donation Attendant for our Goodwill Retail Store and Training Center. Donation Attendants represent Goodwill when accepting donations from the public, fill carts for our pricing and ticketing teams and help load/unload semi-trucks 2-4 times per week using a pallet jack. Donation Attendants also will change out merchandise bins, help with maintaining the cleanliness of the production area and perform light maintenance duties as needed. Lifting furniture on a daily basis for the sales floor and into customer vehicles when it sells is also required.
- Greets all donors with enthusiasm and accepts their donations in a courteous manner.
- Unloads donations from vehicles and offers the donor a tax receipt.
- Pre-sorts donations and assists with the movement of donations throughout the facility.
- Maintains a daily record of all donations received.
- Loads and operates a trash compactor.
- Maintains the donation area and other inventory in a clean, neat, and safe manner.
- Assists with floor maintenance and provides routine maintenance of building and grounds including housekeeping, mopping and general cleaning.
- Assist customers in carrying purchases to their vehicles.
What I must bring:
- Education generally equivalent to a high school diploma is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in a retail environment is preferred.
- Experience of at least a basic level of competency with computers to complete e-learning opportunities and use our intranet, G-Wiz.
- May require the ability to operate a cash register.
- Must have good judgment to recognize clothing categories.
- Must remain productive without direct leadership.
How I will be safe:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and/or hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The team member also will use their hands to handle objects, tools or controls and reach with their arms. The team member is occasionally required to sit, climb and balance.
The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds and more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.