Quotations Specialist - Plumbing
DSG is seeking an Plumbing Quotations Specialist in our La Crosse, Wisconsin location. This is a full-time, hourly plus commissions position with most shifts taking place between the hours of 7:00A.M. and 5:00P.M., Monday through Friday, but may vary on occasion.
Since our founding in 1898—with roots dating back to 1868, DSG has been dedicated to providing all the right connections to our customers in the electrical; plumbing; HVAC; refrigeration; communications; utility; automation; waterworks; on-site sewer, water and well; filtration and metering technology industries. We carry more than 65,000 products from the top brands, but that’s only the beginning. Our experienced team of specialists provide customers with solutions that help them to maximize their employees’ productivity and increase their company’s profitability. Plus, DSG is an employee-owned (ESOP) organization. That means you are always working with an owner, and consequently, your success is recognized as the foundation of our own.
Specific Duties of the Plumbing Quotations Specialist:
- Reviews bid reports, solicits sales team feedback, and elicits direct customer feedback to determine Plumbing quotation opportunities.
- Obtains project plans and specifications to perform takeoff.
- Reviews specified products and determines if it is material we can provide or quote equivalent substitutes.
- Tracks, monitors, and maintains an orderly quotation file and record of jobs quoted.
- Contacts and negotiates with vendors for special terms and pricing for supplies and materials regarding quoted projects.
- Follows up with sales and quoted customers to determine awarded project contractor to secure the sale of the project.
- Prepares and assembles submittals for approval.
- Addresses all customer complaints and/or inquiries promptly to ensure equitable resolutions to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Writes up the order for customer materials, confirms delivery date, and releases order to meet project requirements.
- Provides technical support and associates and customers
- Obtains and selects open bid reports and sales feedback to determine quotation opportunities
- Develops estimates of material quantities and provides price quotations on plumbing industrial, commercial and construction projects in a timely and professionally presented manner.
- Outstanding interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, including phone skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced work environment
- Some Plumbing or Mechanical technical knowledge or field experience
- Must be sales oriented and driven to succeed in a highly competitive market
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Generous PTO Allowance & Extended Medical Leave
- And many more!