It can be difficult to wade through the competing ideas, opinions, and debates that are sure to arise during team decision making. Without an appropriate procedure in place, conversations can become cyclical, hostile, and feel like they’re never going to end. With this in mind, this training will provide participants with an effective procedure for guiding a team through a decision making process that: (1) ensures all voices are heard, (2) gets to the root of the problem, (3) arrives at optimal and fully-informed decisions, and (4) is efficient and time-saving. This training is sure to improve the decisions of a work team and save valuable time.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Utilize the Standard Agenda of Team Decision-Making to make a collaborative rational decision.
- Apply clear, measurable criteria to refine decision alternatives.
- Guide brainstorming sessions that encourage creative solution to complex problems.
- Employ multiple methods for achieving agreement within the team.
- Plan all of the necessary steps for the implementation of a decision.