The La Crosse Area Chamber welcomes you to a meeting with the City of La Crosse's Planner Jason Gilman to provide feedback on a new set of tools to spark development in key areas of the City.
This meeting is a result of developers meeting with Jason about a years ago at the Chamber to provide feedback on barriers to developing in the City. Come learn how Jason has used the feedback.
GOAL OF THE MEETING: to review and provide feedback on new development tools in the City of La Crosse's core, identified areas of the City where re-development is needed.
From Jason Gilman:
Recalling our last meeting with the developers and my commitment to deliver a regulatory change that would streamline development in the City, what we are taking forward though Neighborhood Associations and some committees:
1. Creates targeted redevelopment nodes in the City where an overlay district allows more liberal approaches to development
2. Opens up land use restrictions in these nodes
3. Bases approval on administrative review rather than public hearings
4. Allows for 25% parking requirement reductions administratively
5. Aligns with financial incentives for redevelopment (like TIF and tax credit programs)
6. Is transferable to areas having redevelopment potential such as the Kmart site, or intersections with underperforming or vacant properties
7. Bases approval on flexible form based development standards rather than overly prescriptive area standards